For students who have piano lessons during school hours at Carmel Adventist College Primary or Secondary, the following policies apply:
- Parents are billed for a block of 10 lessons at a time, payable in advance. In paying tuition fees you are reserving a place in Bella Sonata Music Studio for the year.
- Students working at Beginner-Grade 1 level require a minimum 30 minute lesson – $360/term
- Students working at Grade 2-3 level require a minimum 45 minute lesson – $540/term
- Students working at Grade 4+ level require a minimum 60 minute lesson – $720/term
- Annual rate rises should be expected. These follow WAMTA recommended rates and reflect regular ongoing professional development and enhancement of my teaching skills.
- A library/resource fee of $35 per family per annum is charged to cover the cost of online memberships, digital sheet music, trophies and prizes directly used by students throughout the year.
- For absences due to sickness, notice must be provided by 8:30am by text message or phone call only. If I am not notified the lesson will still be charged for.
- Excursions and other school-related events must be communicated to me as soon as possible – do not assume that I know of the event. If I go to collect a student for lesson and their class is away on an excursion etc which I have not been notified of, the lesson will still be charged for.
- If your child has a medical or dental appointment which will mean them missing part of their lesson day, please let me know so that I can rearrange my lesson schedule to fit them in before/after their appointment.
- For absences due to family events and holidays, lessons will still be charged for in the same way that school fees are not deducted for absences such as these. However, I will be happy to add an extra 15 mins on to the length of lessons until these absences are made up, limited to 2 made-up lessons per year.
- Any absences initiated by me will not be charged for.
Practice & Performance
- Parental supervision is essential in establishing a routine of daily practice. The parent needs to review the lesson at home with the student and ensure that the practice instructions are followed correctly. The parent is also required to provide a good quality instrument for the student to practice on and ensure that it is tuned every year.
- Students agree to maintain a regular practice schedule. This is not intended to be excessive or laborious, but simply regular and in accordance with the lesson notes for that week.
- Regular performances are organised for students throughout the school year for the benefit and development of the students. It is expected that students will make every effort to attend and that families will support and encourage their attendance.
- Families should plan to commit to lessons for the full school year. If unforeseen circumstances require the student to terminate lessons mid-year, a half-term’s notice must be given, or the equivalent lesson fee will be charged in lieu.
- An appropriate amount of discussion between us should accompany any decision you make regarding ceasing lessons. It is beneficial for the student to have a “last lesson” and leave the studio on a positive note with a sense of closure.
- Although my students are important to me, I reserve the right to terminate a student for consistent poor or uncooperative attitude, continual lack of preparation, consistently late or unpaid term fees. Prior to termination parents will be notified and ample time will be given to rectify the situation.